Sunday, September 13, 2009

Twin Tot School #9...

Will and Wesley are 25 Months Old



I don't feel that I was a very creative mommy this week. We did lots of the same old things.

I did make this tool using sentence strips and fun foam where they had to match the same shapes. I actually made it for my 3 year old nephew, but Wesley was able to match them.
I have been really curious if they were ready to learn their colors and to sort by colors. They are still working on it, but are able to sort the colors. We are still learning color words. Tot School with twins is difficult because they both want to play whatever toy you are working with, and then they begin fighting over the toy and who knows what they can or can't do at that point! I need to find more opportunities to work with them one on one (in a perfect world!).

Will is actually getting better at this although during this picture he was cheating by having the top open :)

This Tot Tool I made was their favorite thing this week and they played it a few times. This is one toy they actually played with without fighting. I had every intention of making another one, but didn't since they enjoyed doing it together- miracle!

I told you I wasn't the most creative mommy this week, so the twins took things in their own hands. These are all things I found them doing on their own which makes my mommy heart happy:







Please go check out more creative mommies :) at Carissa's blog!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Susana said...

They look adorable in that second picture working together. I like the foam shape matching strip you made too.

Stefanie said...

With two toddlers, I wouldn't be making new things every week either. In fact, I don't make new things every week now and I only have one tot and a very helpful 8 yo.

I think you are doing a fabulous job!

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

How great that they were able to play together! And I think you are very creative - you have your hands full and you still found time to do all these wonderful things with them! Thanks for sharing! :)

Celiah Ann said...

Wow, I feel like I have my hands full with ONE toddler and no other children. Reading your Tot School post was such an inspiration!

Michelle said...

I love the foam shape matching strip. That is great for patterns!