Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dollar Store Centers #7...

Grammar is not my favorite subject to tach, so making games out of it has made it more fun for all of us. We began reviewing the different ways to make plurals. This was great review for my 3rd grader, and I'll eventually use it to teach this skill to my 1st grader.
The die cut theme was party stuff though I haven't managed to come up with a clever name yet:)
I wrote the singular version of the noun so Jackson had to figure out how they would be made plural.

Here was his final sort with the choices of: stay the same, add s, add -es, change the y to i and add -es, or whole new word.



He only missed 1 I think. I am always amazed at how these simple games show you how they can quickly get a concept that they could easily trip up on if writing them or working on a workbook (although we do follow up with those as well).
Now if I could only come up with a clever name....

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Why, Plural Party, of course! or is that parTIES....

~H

crispy said...

LOVE IT !!! Can I came to your school?