Sunday, September 13, 2009

Tot School on Loan...

This week I had the great pleasure of watching my 3 year old nephew. What do you do when your cousins are homeschooled and you go to their house? You go to Tot School! I had a ridiculous amount of fun planning activities for him to do because it's been a long time since I've had a 3 year old to work with!
He joined in our morning Bible study time. Next, the big kids go illustrate their Bible story and do their copywork. I printed a picture for Justin to color. I pulled him up a chair next to Jackson's place and he thought he was one big boy. He was so serious about his coloring and did a great job!
Next he moved to the table to work with the twins. He loved the sound puzzles just as much as they did. He kept saying, "I did it! I did it!"
Of course, you always have to have recess. It was spent playing with Jackson's trains.
When the twins were napping I set up his own activities. He was very proud of this as you can see:

As you know, I love playing hands pics so I had to get him sorting his bears:

He was really into the pattern blocks. I didn't know he knew his shapes so well but hearing him say 'rectangle' was about the cutest thing.

Of course, the best part of the day was spending with his big cousin who asked if he could teach him how to do the lacing cards. Look how closely he's paying attention:

There's all the fun I had with Tot School on loan! Please check out Carissa's blog for everyone else's fun.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Susana said...

I love your tot tray set up. You have some neat learning toys/tools too!

The Activity Mom said...

I love the way you have the activities set up!

Anonymous said...

Looks like he had a blast!

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

Gosh, he sure is a cutie! Looks like he had a wonderful day at your home!

Michelle said...

Looks like a great week!