Sunday, October 4, 2009

Open Ended Art...

Growing by Leaps and Bounds hosts an open ended art each week. The point is to provide the kids with certain materials, but otherwise they are completely free to create what they want. September's theme was mosaics. This week was mosaics and torn/cut paper.
The kids love to see art supplies in their workboxes.
Jackson started out making the solar system (I love that even when I don't ask them to stick to a theme we are studying they still do!).

He enjoyed it so much he did a 2nd. I was really impressed with this volcano and how he used the black as part of the design.

Ashton created a butterfly complete with a grassy yard to play in!

My dream is to do artist studies with the kids and I am hoping to incorporate some of that into our Galloping the Globe curriculum. Again, I just have to find the time to get it all planned! So, for now I really enjoy the easiness and creativity this allows.

No comments: