Saturday, October 3, 2009

An Epiphany...

There are days when I have to take a time out from school in order to catch up on my housework. Although I know the ability to do this is one of the great things about homeschooling, I always feel really guilty about it. However on this day the babies were napping, A was upstairs playing Barbies, and I walked in the living room to find this which caused me to have an epiphany. You see, this boy does not really play with toys. The fact that I walked in and found him diligently playing with his airplanes was wonderful to see. He had been using his imagination and playing like this for an hour. I realized I could have taught him many things about space or math on this afternoon, but what he learned all on his own playing is invaluable. These moments of peace and quiet time are the true gift of homeschooling we give to our children. I'll try not to feel as guilty next time I'm cleaning the kitchen, until he and his sister start fighting anyway!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Love this... there are so many unexpected blessings that we get to witness by homeschooling. =)