Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ashton's Mini Office...

Eight months later I finally got around to putting together Ashton's mini office! For those of you who don't know, a mini office is a great resource compiled in a file folder that they can stand up and make their own little cubicle like an office. It has lots of good resources that would normally be on the walls of a classroom like a word wall and hundred's chart for example. I am so sorry to say that I printed these out so long ago that I don't remember where I got them all, but if you search for mini offices they are everywhere. At least she was excited about it.

Our first big study this year will be on money so she has lots of good resources to help her with that.


She has addition and subtraction fact sheets and several different word wall and seasonal words so I used brads to hold several on top of each other.

The right hand side are writing resources like an editing checklist, questioning words and how to write a paragraph-hamburger style.

I still need to add a list of books of the Bible which we are also working on learning. I'm also hoping to add maps with continents and oceans and the 50 states.

Now that I finally got this together I'm looking forward to seeing how we can best use it throughout the year. If nothing else, it can become a barrier between her and her brother!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: