Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mummy School...

Our Egypt unit has become all of our favorites! I used my good ole' art history class from Belmont and stole an idea we did there! I traced the kids onto brown butcher paper and they got to decorate a sarcaphagus (I have no idea how to spell that and have already taken the Egypt books back to the library and am too lazy to look it up:). The best part was they were really dilligent about finding examples in all of our resource books to draw inspiration from!

I got a great book on heiroglyphics at the book fair in the fall knowing we would be doing this project. So they had to write their name in heiroglyphics going down the middle. They both did an amazing job drawing the very tricky ones! Jackson is totally into this whole mummy study...

We then had to show off our new friends so we hung them up on display for Daddy to see when he got home.

I really thought they turned out well. You can tell Jackson's was a pharoah from his headgear!
They are actually still hanging on the wall in my living room proclaiming to all who enter: homeschoolers live here! The only bad part is they kept scaring us because we'd look up and think someone was standing there! Oh well, the price of learnin'!

No comments: