Friday, February 20, 2009

One Awesome Field Trip...

The big kids and I headed off to a great field trip Friday at the Frist Center for Visual Arts in Nashville. We saw a great exhibit on medieval art. It was really interesting and great to show the kids how all art revolved around the Bible! It was also really cheap. Since I'm a teacher I got a yearly membership for $20 and kids are always free.

However, the best part by far is the upstairs art adventure where kids can go from station to station creating all different kinds of art. It was amazing! I think there were over 30 different things they can do. They both really enjoyed the sketching station. Jackson did a pretty good job drawing the figure. Ashton just drew pretty hearts.

This was my favorite station (parents can create too and I did!) where we created illuminated manuscripts.

We also got to learn about the art of printing.


I highly recommend trying this place out. We can't wait to go back and try out some new art!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: